Dec 3, 2010

Day 15 – A song that you want to play at your funeral


I didn't have to do any compromises or turn to plan B's with this one, because earlier this year I decided that if I had to decide right now, I'd play Smile at my funeral. I mean I wouldn't play myself, to be exact, but I'd like it to be played. Not necessarily this version, nor any version with singing, but just the original song from the Charlie Chaplin movie. I love the melody of it. And also all the things I associate the song with... Though I guess I won't be too concerned about associations at my own funeral. Oh well.

About the song in the show... It's a pretty cool scene and the song fits there quite well. I might be talking bollocks, but this is the only time ever a song they're singing just plays in the background, and we don't actually see them sing. Works well this way, too!


If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorow
You'll see the Sun come shining through
For you

No comments: