Dec 18, 2010

Day 30 – A song that you want to dedicate to your best friend



To Sir With Love is the perfect choice here, assuming that your best friend is Mr. Schue. Haha. Well, let us assume that he is, because there's no way I'd leave this song off the meme. This is so damn beautiful. They even made Sue freaking Sylvester cry! And I don't blame her. I also love to see Santana's cold, bitchy mask come off for a second and get a proof that there is a human being in there somewhere. And no need to mention (though I will anyway) that Kurt's sailor look is awesome.

(I can't decide which part of the lyrics to quote, thus the whole song can be found below. Hurrah for Mr. Schue!)


Those schoolgirl days, of telling tales and biting nails are gone,
But in my mind,
I know they will still live on and on,
But how do you thank someone, who has taken you from crayons to perfume?
It isn't easy, but I'll try,

If you wanted the sky I would write across the sky in letters,
That would soar a thousand feet high,
To Sir, with Love

The time has come,
For closing books and long last looks must end,
And as I leave,
I know that I am leaving my best friend,
A friend who taught me right from wrong,
And weak from strong,
That's a lot to learn,
What can I give you in return?

If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start,
But I, would rather you let me give my heart,
To Sir, with Love

4 comments:

Marja said...

I love the original version, but this is just beautiful! It gives me the chills, in a good way :).

Eeva said...

I hadn't heard the original song before Glee. Now hat I have, it's great! (And the movie seems worth checking out.) The show does a great job educating people like me in the field of awesome older music!

Pia said...

Rachel has a really big ...mouth o_O

Eeva said...

Haha, I guess she does! It takes a big mouth for all of that voice to come out. ;)