Dec 19, 2010

Day 31 – A song for this time of the year



(It's Day 31! The last day! Has it already been a month? Oh well, it's been fun. To conclude the meme I came up with one last day of my own, and as Christmas is less than a week away, I have the perfect excuse to babble about this AH!-dorable scene.)

Baby, It's Cold Outside was my absolute favourite moment of the otherwise disappointing-ish Christmas episode (of which the post is on the way...). The song is playfully flirty and romantic in a very nice old-fashioned way, and I like that they're going so old-school with the relationship of Kurt and Blaine. And even though the anticipation is killing me a little, it's quite nice that they're taking it so very slow. Just think about the day when they finally share that first kiss! (And it's bound happen, right? RIGHT?)

The scene is so warm and cozy, and aroused quite a few smiles and awws in me. Blaine is very charming to say the least and Kurt is brilliant, playing the role of the girl, who's playing hard to get. In the full version there's a line "Gosh, your lips look delicious", and I know I'm not the only one who was a bit chagrined it was cut from the actual scene. Oh well, anyway, Chris Colfer and Darren Criss do a very nice job here, and I've been playing the song and watching the scene over and over again. Lucky for me, the song is considered christmassy, so I can blame my actions on the holiday season, hahahaa.




I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby, don't hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside

No comments: