Nov 5, 2011

3x04 Pot O' Gold / a good ep-- OMG NEXT TUESDAY GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW


The fangirl inside of me is embarrassingly happy. I took it very calmly, at first, and was very cool about it, but them I came here and thought about it and read some other reactions and now I realized how awesome this is. I'm so going to be so disappointed, because it can't be as good as it seems.

Anyway. Oh, there was a new episode, too? That promo kind of made me forget about it. And yeah, right, there are two other episodes, too, that I haven't written about yet. But there are priorities. My number one priority was to say how happy I am about next week's promo.

Now that that's done, let's talk about Pot o' Gold. A nice episode, really! BUT. I'm still waiting for my mind to blow away. I want something that will make me so happy that I'll spend a week smiling. Or will still thrill and entertain me after twenty rewatches. Like, for example, Never Been Kissed and Born This Way and Blame It on the Alcohol and Duets, from last season. Some of that, please. Now, please. You might be able to process my request by next week. (Although thanks to some spoilers, I wouldn't count on it. I might spend a week crying. Or just generally pouting. Anyway.)
 

Storylines:

- Rory is an exchange student, just arrived in McKinley fresh from Ireland. He lives with Brittany. He likes Brittany. He really wants to 'snog her'. She thinks he's a magical leprechaun. He also befriends Finn. And joins glee club.
- Quinn wants to stage Shelby as a bad mother so that she's get Beth back. Puck doesn't want anything bad for Shelby. He just wants to, WHAAAAT, kiss her??
- Sue gets a nemesis! Burt Hummel himself decides to run for congress against her.
- Mercedes allures Santana and Brittany to join Shelby's glee club.

What I didn't like:

 - Finn being a bitch to Blaine.
- Puck's weird new haircut. What's wrong with that mohawk, dude?
- I don't know if I liked the bitchy Santana in this episode. I love when she's bitchy for a good cause, but now she was just a plain, mean, cold bitch. How she acted towards poor little Rory was too much. I need Brittany to give her a wake up call.
- I don't know if I liked Sue, either. I certainly like this Sue more than season two Sue, but I don't know.
- The Shelby/Puck storyline. They actually kissed. In the first episode of the season there was a vibe between them, and my friend said: "Oh my god, they're gonna be together." And I went: "Oh no, no no. It's Glee, it's not The O.C. Glee is not that lame." Oh well. We'll see. Maybe this'll actually turn out interesting.


What I liked:

+ Rory. Duh! Damien was my favorite all the way through the Glee project, so I knew I'd like him, never mind the character. But his character is awesome, too! It's so funny how he just has that sheepish smile on his face all the time. And he's so vulnerable and innocent and sincere and dorky. And that accent...
+ Brit doesn't understand what Rory says. I feel you, girl. Having some difficulties myself. And I've never loved difficulties so much!
+ Santana and Brittany. Kind of. I mean, I still don't think they're meant to be or anything, but they are not as unrealistic and awkward as they were last season. I liked how Santana says she has to stay in ND to take care of Brit. Of course, she didn't, so that's that.
+ Beth is so cute.
+ How Rory wears only green until Brit tells she doesn't believe in leprachauns anymore.
+ Burt for president! Really! Awesome! Seriously!
+ Finn calls Brit the 'I' word. That wasn't cool, but I liked the scene, how Brittany reacted, and when they made up.
+ How the hockey players are scared of Coach Beiste. Whoo, yeah, you should be!
+ Rory bonding with Finn.


Music:

- Bein' Green. Nice. Love Damien's voice. Song's a bit boring, but will probably grow on me. I didn't know this but it was originally sung by Kermit the frog! Haha. Explains the slighty random lyrics.
- Last Friday Night. Fun! Just goofing around. Not Blaine's best, and not even in his top five, and not nearly as capturing as his previous Katy Perry cover, but still. Fun. And better than the original, though that's needless to say.
- Waiting for a Girl Like You. Ugh. The cougar-hunting Puck doesn't do the thing for me. Also, he sounds weird singing songs like this.
- Candy Man. I wanted this to blow my mind, because any Santana/Mercedes song is supposed to, but it not quite did. Still, liked it.
- Take Care of Yourself. My favorite song of the episode! So beautiful and sweet. Loved Kurt's reactions when Rory reaches the high notes, and then 'OK, fine, he's alright'. Aw.


Best quotes:

- Rachel: "I'm considering changing my name into Maria."
- Rory: "Finn Hudson." The way he said it. Haha.
- "My name is Rory Flannagan. I'm a foreign exchange student from Ireland. And I love everything about America. Especially Nascar, your half-black president, and Victoria's Secret catalogues."
- Finn: "In America dudes don't ask dudes to be their friends. Expect on Facebook, and even then it can take years."
- Santana: "I wish you'd hold my hand... Like under the napkin."
Brittany: "Oh, I thought you were talking about Selena Gomez's pregnancy rumors."
- Brittany: "Free beer." Best show choir name ever.
- Hockey player: "Say U2's overrated. Say it!" Rory: "Never!"
- Finn: "What happens when the Pope dies?" Kurt: "Heaven, one would think."
 

Next...

OOOOOOOOOOOOMG. (Hopefully it'll be an okay episode, but my expectations are far too high, anyway.)

2 comments:

Reta said...

- Yep, even though I try to avoid spoilers like it'd be my job, I know what's going to happen on next episode. It has potential to be as good as Never Been Kissed, Original Song or Prom Queen! Fingers crossed!
- I'm not the biggest fan of Brittany/Santana (Nothing against it, I just don't get excited about their relationship) the Breadstix scene was kind of cute. But I didn't like how bitch Santana was. You just can't tell to people to disappear!
- Somehow the blue Santana, Mercedes and Brittany wore on Candyman was that kind of blue which suits no-one...
- It's funny how I read Rory quotes os his accent xD Adorable, but litthe challenging to undesrtand.
- When the hockey players told Rory to admit U2 is overrated, I heard "YouTube" and I was like whattt??" The Hockey players had the worst haircuts ever, btw.
- Hmmm... yeah, episode was nice but not mind-blowing.

Eeva said...

-Fingers and toes and everything crossed, indeed!
-I've been watching some of the older episodes, and I think Britana just might be growing on me... But still, not meant to be.
-Haha, true...
-His accent makes me so happy! Glee was in a terrible need of new accents.
-Apparently horrible haircut is a requirement you have to fill to join the team?
-Agreed. It's been too long since my mind blew away. Tuesday, please do it!